The Administrative Assistant position is involved in a myriad of duties. Successful candidate must be able to multi-task based on the needs of the moment. The DHMRI has a small admin department, and our goal is to cross train employees so that vacations and/or unexpected leaves are not an issue. This position reports to the Administration Manager. To start, this position will be part time. As the needs grow, this position may become full time with benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Preparing purchase orders using QuickBooks software, (based on manager approved purchasing requests) and sending to the appropriate vendors via email. Later, as invoices are received, they are keyed into accounts payable after confirming receipt of items/goods/services as ordered.
Works with the scientific managers on orders for their lab procurement needs. Sources purchases to find the best prices. Works to develop consumable price list for lab manager project budget use. Press vendors if necessary, to get items on site when needed. Position requires the person have a sense of urgency about obtaining items needed for project completion.
Tracks shipments of items ordered (especially those on a tight deadline needed for immediate project use)
Take deposits to the bank after Administration Manager keys into QuickBooks.
Work with CFO to issue checks, prepare the check and supporting document packets for electronic filing, scan packets into Square 9 software, and mail the checks. File the hard copy packets.
Receive orders from the loading dock.
Assist with billing of CLAS services and other project invoices.
Work on special projects as assigned.
Answers the phone and directs those calls appropriately
Qualifications for this position include:
- Exceptional professionalism and the ability to communication effectively across all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with proven organizational and communication skills
- Sense of urgency regarding meeting the needs of the company
- Ability to adapt to changes in job duties quickly and comfortably.
- Ability to multi-task in several environments
- Organized, accurate, and detailed. Attention to detail is a must!
- Effective time management skills
- Prefer several years’ experience in an administrative function.
- Accounting experience preferred (AR, AP, Fixed Assets) Purchasing experience preferred.
- QuickBooks Enterprise knowledge and understanding preferred.
- Ability to maintain full confidentiality regarding customers, personnel information, and other
office discussions that need to remain confidential.
- Prefer Advanced Microsoft Office & Outlook skills. Intermediate proficiency in Excel preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
If hired by the DHMRI, I understand that I will be required to provide genuine documentation establishing my identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States by the DHMRI. I also understand that the DHMRI employs only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.