The DHMRI is a non-profit service provider offering a multi-omics approach to both academic and commercial clients interested in the biology associated with human health, nutrition and agriculture and is located on the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC.
The DHMRI is seeking a motivated candidate to fill the Group Leader position in our Metabolomics & NMR Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing personnel, projects, and instrumentation in a well-equipped metabolomics and NMR laboratory. The laboratory contains a range of mass spectrometry platforms and NMR spectrometers, featuring an ultra-high field 950 MHz NMR instrument. The position will report to the Director of Operations.
- Management of metabolomics profiling and quantitative targeted assays, including custom method development of novel analytical methods.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Management of research staff.
- Evaluate and prepare project estimates and proposals.
- Work closely with both scientific and business development teams to formulate and implement new goals, such as assay/platform development.
- Keeping abreast of scientific advances and new analytical technologies.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for service expansion with collaborators, either within Metabolomics & NMR or with other DHMRI groups.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related Life Sciences field plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in analytical chemistry or a life sciences field with a focus on metabolomics is required.
- Prior mass spectrometry and/or NMR spectroscopy method development and laboratory management experience for small molecule analysis is required.
- Prior hands-on experience with a variety of sample preparation techniques (extraction, SPE, derivatization, etc.) and data analysis and interpretation for MS and/or NMR is required.
- Prior CRO experience is a plus.
- The successful applicant must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere, and desire to work in a service-oriented research environment.
- Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a strong initiative and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer F/F/D/V.