DHMRI is a non-profit designated supporting institution providing specialist research services to the North Carolina Research Campus, UNC System, and Duke University. DHMRI has a unique set of capabilities, including genomics, metabolomics, NMR, and vivarium. DHMRI’s wholly owned subsidiary, Eremid™ Research Services, Inc., provides these same world class services to commercial clients in the areas of Human Health, Food & Nutrition and AgBiotech. DHMRI is based on the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, North Carolina in state-of-the-art labs, equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation.
DHMRI is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a vacancy in our Genomics Laboratory. The successful candidate will actively participate in the daily operational activities of the DHMRI Genomics Laboratory, operating several platforms (Illumina, PacBio Sequel, 10X Chromium, Nano String, iScan) and conducting experiments under direction of the DHMRI Genomics Laboratory Director or the designated Staff Scientist. The position requires extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques with a focus on next generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- Preparation of samples for Genomics analyses: DNA and RNA extraction, samples quality control assessment.
- Sample management – receiving, labelling, processing, storage, and inventory following standard operating procedures.
- Conducting laboratory experiments such as NGS library preparation.
- Interacting with vendors.
- Assist in the utilization and maintenance of the Genomics instrumentation.
- Responsible for stocking the laboratory, management of inventory and ordering.
- Assist the Staff Scientist during specific projects.
- AS or BS plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience in genomics or a related field with a focus on molecular biology or genetics
- Previous experience in a CRO environment is a plus
- Strong molecular biology experience in RNA and DNA manipulation and NGS (Illumina, PacBio and 10X Chromium)
- Experienced in mammalian cell and tissue culture.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work with others in a collegial atmosphere and the desire to work in this service-oriented research environment
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a strong initiative and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion
DHMRI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following: health, vision and dental, disability, FSA, life insurance coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
If hired by the DHMRI, I understand that I will be required to provide genuine documentation establishing my identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States by the DHMRI. I also understand that the DHMRI employs only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.